Tailored fiber placement for lighweight composite parts in medical applications - e.g. orthedics and prothetics
The connection between the medical field and humans beings places huge demands on aids (orthoses and prostheses) and devices in the field of medical technology.
In comparison to other textile manufacturing processes, the TFP (Tailored-Fiber-Placement) process allows the fiber strands to be laid with pinpoint accuracy and in any curved paths and very small bends. Our technology enables a layer structure of up to 7mm per semi-finished product. This corresponds to approx. 14-16 fiber layers.
The production of textile fiber layers and carbon (preforms) semi-finished products is feasible in any shape, close to the final contour and therefore almost waste-free.
- Whether customer-specific production or industrial series - the exact laying of fibers by CNC technology enables to implement the ideas of our customers individually.
- Quality management is a top priority at TFP
- Textile suppliers and their portfolio (fiber types, embroidery thread, backing material, etc.) are carefully selected and tailored to customer requirements
- Functional integration such as heat conductor, sensor textiles and much more
- Just-in-time delivery
- The flexible textile semi-finished products can be easily folded in 3D
- Fiber material can be adapted to further processing (thermosetting or thermoplastic). Free choice of material: Carbon fibers also be processed with a defined proportion of epoxy resin or mixtures such as PP, PEEK and PA6.