Function integration - Flexible, textile sensors - sensor arrays & textile lighting
Our technical embroidery machines makes it possible to produce lightweight structures made of high-performance fibers and heating elements as well as sensor surfaces and sensor elements. The surfaces and elements are produced with functional threads/sensor threads, optical fibers, LEDs, thin single wires or glass fibers. These sensor surfaces und sensor elements can also be integrated into fiber composite components and serve for example
- for the detection of damage (damage sensing, tear wire grids)
- for the detection of load conditions (deflection of elements)
- for the transmission of information (data transmission) and
- for the construction of sensor arrays by means of flexible conductor paths
- for the integration of light & light surfaces.
The fact that we can work with homogeneous materials speaks for our technology. This means that we apply these functions to materials that are already used in the construction of the GRP or CFRP composite.
Due to the available series machines, individual elements up to a size of 2150x1900mm are possible, with intelligent joining technologies even much larger ones.